Our Snowplay Facility
If you have been to Leland High Sierra Snow Play before, you know how much fun our guests have. If you haven’t been here before, we invite you to come up and see for yourself why we’re the Biggest & Best Snow Play Facility in the Sierra. Come and play during the week to take advantage of our reduced mid-week rates and fewer snowplayers! So take a break from work, pack up the kids and come play in the snow with us! Were open from when the first snow falls to about mid-April.
The Biggest & Best Snowplay
With a 4,000 sq. foot day use lodge, we are the largest dedicated Snow Tubing and Snow Play Snow Park Facility on the West Coast. Our lodge provides a full kitchen, a snack bar, newly remodeled restrooms, a warm fire, and a sun deck with plenty of tables and chairs overlooking the snow play areas outside. Our new snow making capabilities ensure a beautiful field of white daily, and our snowcats provides us with a perfectly groomed hill every day. Family owned and operated since 1990, Leland Snowplay retains that cozy alpine feeling, but with 12 acres of terrain, we are large enough to accommodate large groups. We have a huge supply of tubes to choose from, along with two lifts which will tow you to the top of our biggest snow tubing hills! With various terrains, we offer something for everyone!
Lift-Served Hills; Just Ride & Slide
On January 1, 2008, after years of hard work, we finished installation of our lifts, and sent our first customers to the top of the hill in style. Our tows are able to elevate you 60+ feet in about a minutes time, safely, and with very little effort on your part. That means more tubing time and less hiking up the hill; and with the best specialty snow tubes available, it makes for a fun and thrilling ride down. Our customers agree: this is the best way to experience snow tubing. The minimum height requirement to safely use our lift services is 44 inches.
A Kiddie Hill for Your Little Ones
For those kids (and adults) that are not quite ready or tall enough for the big hills, Leland Snowplay offers the best Kiddie Hill available. For the 2017-2018 Season we added a “Magic Carpet” Lift System for our smaller hills. The Magic Carpet is similar to the Lifts we have had for years on the Bigger Hills, this system will gently whisk children of all ages to the top of the Kiddie Hills. NO MORE WALKING NEEDED! YEAH! Rest assured, the same detail to grooming that goes into our Big Hill, goes into the beginner slopes. Although prohibited on the Big Hill, the Kiddie Hill is gentle enough where double riding (or even triple riding) in a tub or sled is allowed, and even encouraged. This area currently sits a stone’s throw away from our sundeck, allowing family to view the fun and take pictures. What a perfect way to safely introduce your young ones to the snow. Other dispersed areas have also been designated nearby for snowmen, snowball fights, and good clean fun in the powder.
Remember, Leland Snowplay is at 6,330 ft elevation where weather & road conditions can vary from hour to hour. It is always best to consult weather reports before starting your trip. Sadly, we have no better insight into future weather conditions than you do. Check our announcements (button below) for any special posts.
The Highway 108 Road Conditions (search for “108”) are available from CalTrans and updated automatically as conditions change. You can also call 1-800-427-7623 for current highway conditions.
Helpful Tips for Traveling to Us
- Prepare for the cold; carry warm clothing; dress in layers in case it warms up. Dry boots and socks are important assets as is sunscreen for the many sunny days
- Carry car chains. Weather conditions can change rapidly
- Bring your own food or order from our reasonably-priced snack bar menu
- Preserve the memories. Don’t forget the cameras & camcorders. Snow play is sure to provide some of those “Funniest Home Video” moments
- Be sure to check out the latest Weather and Road Conditions before you start your trip Also, be sure to check your Directions BEFORE you start. You don’t want to get lost in the mountains. Also note, Cingular/AT&T Wireless, and Golden State Cellular may be the only cellular carriers that work in Tuolumne County. The closer you get to Leland High Sierra Snowplay the less likely it is that you will be able to contact us if you don’t have directions.